Hello from Charlie Jeffreys

Come in and say hello, lets put some faces to names

Hello from Charlie Jeffreys

Postby Charlie Jeffreys » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:54 pm

Hi all, I'm Charlie. I recently joined the Club at Graham's event in Hendon in January. This was fortuitously dry and sunny considering the endless rainy days leading up to it.

Besides motorbikes, my motoring life has been heavily influenced by Hillman Minxes, my 1st being a 1963 saloon in the late 70's. I could waffle on ad nauseum about Minxes, suffice to say I still have 2 (1958 convertible & 1961 estate), both in desperate need of major refurbishment.

Last year I saw 2 delectable Berkeleys at a show, which I greatly admired. I decided if I could find & afford a roadworthy one, I'd sell a Minx to make space... I subsequently found "Bugs", a cute 1960 T60 sports 3-wheeler. "Bugs" is living in my mum's garage at present 'cos mine is still full of Minxes... 8-)

We look forward to hopefully attending a few events over the coming season.

Cheers.
Charlie Jeffreys

Re: Hello from Charlie Jeffreys

Postby Chris Hardey » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:59 pm

Hi Charlie

Welcome to the club (again :D ) and now welcome to the forum!

I was sorry I couldn't have a look over 'Bugs' at Graham's the other weekend but as you know I was chained to the desk with membership duties! Have no fear I shall get some shots of the little beastie for the members page on the website and have a better natter on your Minxs too!

Please don't hold back either on waxing lyrical about your cars, that's what it's all about, so fill ya boots my friend ;)

All the best

Chris
Chris Hardey
Site Admin

Postby Charlie Jeffreys » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:04 pm

Hi Chris,
That "waxing lyrical" sounds like good stuff to get the paintwork shining...

I'll be selling the 1961 Minx estate when a willing victim can be found, so I may try the adverts bit here 'though I'm not sure how many folk will see it... ;) Still it may help word get around.

Couldn't make the Sunday gathering yesterday, how long do they go on for? What time does everyone tend to disappear...?

Cheers
Charlie
Charlie Jeffreys

Postby Chris Hardey » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:56 pm

Our Sunday meet ups usually go on until around 1:00pm most of the time, however we were there this last Sunday until about 2:00pm having a natter over a coffee in the bar :D

With regards to your Minx I can always add it to the main website in the for sale section if you wish as it would get more exposure there. let me know.

Have a look at a past car we had for sale for a member so you can get an idea of what I need.
Chris Hardey
Site Admin

Return to Introduce Yourself